Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So Thankful


We had a little scare on Friday with Jonah.... We were at a friends pool and were getting ready to go so the life jacket came off, I can't remember how it happened because it happened so fast but Jonah jumped in the pool at the other end of the swimming pool from where I was. I just remember being so scared and panicked, I jumped in to grab him, everything seemed like it was in slow motion and I could not get to him fast enough. He was kicking so hard and I kept seeing his little head bob up a few times but he kept gulping in water. Someone got to him like a second before I did and when we got him out of the pool he was breathing thank goodness... crying because he was so scared. He just kept coughing up water, and then he threw up water a couple times. To add insult to injury when he was wrapped up in his towel he fell over and bumped his head, he got a nasty bruise and scrap on his forehead. I felt horrible all day, replaying it in my head thinking about what I could have or should have done differently. I am just so thankful to my father in heaven for protecting Jonah that day because I know it could have been much, much worse. I have been contemplating over the last few days about what a miracle life really is. Driving home from the pool I just listened to Jonah breathing in and out; so grateful that he was. I watched him all day to make sure he was okay, everything he did just seemed very miraculous. They say how easy it is for kids to bounce back and it has been that way for Jonah. We got home and he was running, jumping, rolling, doing handstands, headstands everywhere. Like nothing had happened at all 20 minutes earlier. We are very grateful that Jonah Is okay, we love him very much. He adds so much happiness and laughter into our lives!!

3 comments:

  1. That's so scary! I'm so glad he's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a scare... so grateful he is ok!
    I am glad to have found your blog! I miss talking to you. We should do chickfila sometime. Here is my blog www.melissaandadam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad he is ok, what a blessing! He is a cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete